Quote of the Day

In this draconian

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank You

In the midst of preparing for a massive Thanksgiving gathering shared with family and friends I can't help but reflect on all that I have to be thankful for this year. I have been blessed with more than I feel at times I could possibly deserve. I am diligent about saying "Thank you" when a friend, coworker or stranger helps me out in some way. But...looking back, I'm not so confident that I thank the most important people in my life for being who they are and contributing to my happiness in such a profound way.


To my husband

I admit that I don't always let you know just how thankful I am to have you in my life. You bless me each day with love and understanding. While we don't always agree, we work extremely hard to make those disagreements meaningful and constructive. I feel God has granted me with a true partner in this life, someone to share my hopes and dreams with, someone to help me face my fears, someone to bring me laughter and hold me through the pain. Hubby: THANK YOU. THANK YOU for being who you are and accepting me for who I am. THANK YOU for pushing me toward my dreams. THANK YOU for challenging me in ways that only improve who I am, not change me. THANK YOU.

To Sissy
I was blessed at a very young age with a beautiful, caring, considerate daughter. You have brought more joy to my life than I think I could ever express. You are now a teenager, and with that comes monumental changes. We deal with them together as they come, and while it isn't always easy, I hope you know and understand just how much I love you and how proud and grateful I am to be your mother. THANK YOU for allowing me to help guide you in this life to be the person you are destined to be. It is not a job I take lightly, and I THANK YOU for being patient with me as we grow and change together. THANK YOU for being more special than anyone could ever expect. I am truly honored to have you in my life. THANK YOU.

To my Diva
We waited a LONG time for you to arrive. We tried and tried and tried for years to add to our family, and just when we had begun to accept that it was not to be, you stepped into our lives in a big way. You have brought so much joy to our family. You are vivacious and your enthusiasm is contagious. I am grateful to have you in my life and I look forward to watching you grow into a beautiful young woman. THANK YOU for being my sweet girl. THANK YOU for drawing me beautiful pictures each and every day. THANK YOU for blessing me with such love. I am proud to be your mommy. THANK YOU.

To my Peanut
You were somewhat of a surprise, but a very happy, oh my goodness I'm so excited kind of surprise. You continue to surprise us each and every day. You are obnoxious and funny and the sound of your laughter warms my heart. I am greeted each morning with a hug, a smile, and the unconditional love of a child. For that, I am truly blessed. THANK YOU for being that little spitfire I love so much. THANK YOU for the hugs and kisses. THANK YOU for the giggles you grace me with each day. My life would not be complete without you. THANK YOU.

There are many other things I am truly thankful for in this life, including my family and friends, a great career, and a lovely roof over my head. This time of year really gets me thinking about people in this world, in this country, in my own community, that aren't as lucky as I am. I try each and every day to remember to be truly thankful for all that I have been given, to not take any of these things for granted. It is my hope that moving forward, I can continue to appreciate all that I have been blessed with and find ways to help others who are not as fortunate as I.

During this Thanksgiving season, I encourage each of you to remind yourself of all you have to be thankful for. Share those thanks with the people in your life, and reach out to those in need. It is amazing how powerful two little words can be: THANK YOU.

0 comments: